Why Should Your Organization Join PDES, Inc.?
As a member of PDES Inc., your organization can enjoy a number of benefits that will standardize and improve product data exchange within your company, increasing flexibility and quality while decreasing cycle time and cost using STEP. And that’s just the beginning.
Membership with PDES Inc. also includes:
- Assistance in complying with Defense Department requirements to utilize STEP for 2D and 3D product model data.
- Participation in technical projects designed to insert STEP technology into your company.
- Cross-industry collaboration and access to lessons learned and recommended practices.
- Education and assistance in establishing effective ways to integrate systems and supply chains.
- Leverage efforts to advance international standards for product data exchange.
- Access to implementor forums testing the standard.
- Reduction of cost and system redundancy.
- Strong relationships with leading prime contractors and OEMs.
- Access to STEP experts support for using STEP in production implementations.
- Access to best practices for STEP implementation.
- Insight into industry directions and requirements for integrating with suppliers.
- Strong customer relationships and participation in their projects.
- New business with leading companies.
- Insight into industry requirements for product data exchange.
- Influence what goes into the standard.
Benefits of PDES, Inc. Membership
PDES, Inc. members work together to leverage their collective efforts. Specific benefits include:
- Participation in focused projects in high-payoff areas.
- STEP product testing in a dynamic environment.
- Insight into industry enterprise integration strategies.
- Ability to work closely with customers and suppliers.
- Knowledge sharing through technical workshops.
- Awareness of vendor product capabilities and plans.
- Access to recommended practices and extensive lessons learned from STEP deployments in industry.
- Hands-on experience using STEP tools and technology.
- Expert support for internal STEP implementations.
- Direct influence on setting and extending the STEP standard.
- Leverage best practices from other industries.
- Up-to-date awareness product capabilities and plans through MBx.
- Focused cost sharing and collaboration on resource pooling.
- Leveraging vendors to support new requirements.
Most PDES, Inc. members pay annual dues and participate in the consortium’s technical activities.
The table below summarizes the financial requirements for each type of membership. Note the Industry category is sub-defined by size and type of business in order to allow for variations in the annual dues.
First year membership dues are payable at the start of the participant’s term; the second and subsequent years’ dues are payable on the anniversary of the start date.
|Participant Type||Participation ID||Organization Type/Size||Term||Fee||Board Seat|
|Industry||Industry 1||Corporate User - Sales Greater than $1B||2 Years||$50K||Yes|
|Industry||Industry 2||Corporate Division Users - Sales Greater than $1B||2 Years||$35K||Yes|
|Industry||Industry 3||Corporate User - Sales Between $100M-$1B||2 Years||$25K||Yes|
|Industry||Industry 4||Corporate User - Sales Less than $100M||2 Years||$15K||Yes|
|Industry||Industry 5||Solution Provider - Sales Greater than $50M||2 Years||$25K||Yes|
|Industry||Industry 6||Solution Provider - Sales Less than $50M||2 Years||$6.3K||Yes|
|Industry||Industry 7||Small Manufacturing User - Less than 500 Employees||2 Years||$3K||No|
|Government Associate||Govt Agency 1||DoD, DoE, Natl Labs - Sales N/A||2 Years||$25K||Yes|
|Universities & Community Colleges||Academic Associate||Endorsed by an Industry Participant||2 Years||No Fee||No|
|Non Profit Associate||Industry Consortium||Endorsed by an Industry Participant||1 Year||$15K||No|
• “User” is a commercial entity that utilizes STEP/LOTAR standards in conducting its business operations – for example by using CAD, CAM, CAE tools
• “Solution Provider” is a commercial entity that develops and/or sells STEP-related software products and interfaces
• “Small Manufacturing User” is an entity that is typically a supplier to a “User” company, a Small and Medium Enterprise
For more information about PDES, Inc. membership requirements, please contact General Manager Brian Chiesi.
Join PDES, Inc. today!
Contact us to learn more about becoming a member of the PDES, Inc. community.
Dr. Michael R. Jahadi,
President & Chairman,